How To Add Permissions / Effective Access
Updated: May 12, 2022
Trouble seeing the images? Click on them to zoom in.
In this weeks post I am covering the steps to take in order to add permissions. This post will focus on permissions needed for the Scheduler Service for VDM.
Post Summary: Right click on the desired directory and go into the properties > security tab to add additional permissions for users/groups.
Why Add Permissions?
The account running the service must have access to the paths in the SERVICEOPTIONS file (Step 3 of the Scheduler Service Setup Article). If the paths are in the user documents it needs to be the same account, otherwise other accessible locations will be needed.
Where Can You Add Permissions?
The permissions can be added by right clicking on a directory and selecting properties. Once in the properties, select the Security tab.
Steps To Add Account Permissions.
1. Right click on the desired directory / file in the File Explorer and select Properties.
2. Click on the Security tab.
3. Click the Edit... button.
Note: The account for the service will at least need Read and Write permissions. We recommend that the account has Full Control.
4. Click the Add... button.
5. Enter the name for the account you want to look up permissions for (example: cfifield) then click Check Names.
6. Click OK.
7. Set the permissions for the service account to at least have read and write permissions, then click Apply.
Note: It is recommended to grant Full Control.