Trouble seeing the images? Click on them to zoom in.
In this weeks post I am covering the steps to take in order to view permissions. This post will primarily focus on permissions needed for the Scheduler Service for VDM.
Post Summary: Right click on the desired directory and go into the properties > security tab to view the available permissions for users/groups.
Why View Permissions?
The account running the service must have access to the paths in the SERVICEOPTIONS file (Step 3 of the Scheduler Service Setup Article). If the paths are in the user documents it needs to be the same account, otherwise other accessible locations will be needed.
Where Can You View Permissions?
The permissions can be viewed by right clicking on a directory and selecting properties. Once in the properties, select the Security tab.
Steps For Viewing Permissions.
1. Right click on the desired directory / file in the File Explorer and select Properties.
2. Click on the Security tab.
3. Select a Group / User name and view their permissions.
Note: The account for the service will at least need Read and Write permissions. We recommend that the account has Full Control.
4. To view the Effective Access for an account, click the Advanced button.
5. Click on the Effective Access tab.
6. Click Select a user.
7. Enter the name for the account you want to look up permissions for (example: cfifield) then click Check Names.
8. Click OK.
9. Click View effective access for the selected account.
10. Check the permissions available to the account. If the account does not have permissions for at least read and write, they will either need to be added to have permissions or a different directory used.